Subject: Re: how to i enable quotas ?
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Felix Zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 05/02/2003 18:48:59
David Maxwell wrote:

>On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 05:23:23PM -0400, Felix Zaslavskiy wrote:
>

>>>SEE ALSO
>>>   quotactl(2), fstab(5), edquota(8), quotacheck(8), quotaon(8),
>>>   repquota(8), rpc.rquotad(8)
>>>Ben
>>>

>>Yes I have read all those !!!!
>>still nothing tells me about how to actualy change the quota of users.
>>
>>#edquota -u felix
>>
>>Then all the infomation would be there and all i have to do is change
>>the numbers but like i already specified all i get is
>>
>>Quota for felix:
>>

>Just use the other format of edquota first:
>
>edquota [-u] [-f filesystem] [-h block#/inode#] [-s block#/inode#]
>             username ...
>
>edquota -h 200000 -s 180000 felix
>
>Then you can do 'edquota felix' and see the standard format - which is
>useful if you're doing query->change, but if you're just doing 'set',
>the command line options are more convienient.

It turns out the systax error in fstab was causing all the trouble
i had it :

>/dev/wd0a / ffs rw userquota,groupquota  1 1
> /dev/wd0b none swap sw 0 0
> /dev/wd0e /usr ffs rw userquota,groupquota  1 2

and there should been a , after rw but still there was no warning.
So there is a bug somewhere the quotaon should give error in case the
comma is missing.
Since there was no error i was led to believe that quotas were turned on
when they were not.

Also the man pages realy need to explain the process of how to turn
quotas on and that quota.user files need to be created and all that.

Also in edquota man page there should be a display of what normal
operation contents would look like.
All i had was
Quotas for felix:
~