Subject: Re: raidframe parity always dirty after reboot
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/28/2003 22:20:24
> Maybe some runlevel-style scheme would really be best then;
> so that halt/reboot just send the appropriate signals to init
> which then shuts down running the respective runlevel scripts.

What, like SYSV where:
- 'shutdown' tells the users
- 'init 0' is used to request the scripts be executed
- 'uadmin 2 0' does the kill/umount stuff

> I'm just not comfortable at all with halt or reboot (which I
> normally use everywhere since I rarely have to inform users
> via shutdown -- and shutdown is just a user-information wrapper,
> read the manpage) when halt/reboot don't do the full show.

Erm, from the shutdown man page:
    "Then the shutdown hooks in /etc/rc.shutdown are run."

Some things do need their shutdown scripts run...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk