Subject: Re: sysinst won't mount an ext2 file system?
To: Art Lemasters <>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2003 23:05:34
In message <>, Art Lemasters writes:
>  Sysinst only mounted two of the six or so partitions on
>the Debian Linux drive (wd0).  The new NetBSD 1.6 system
>does the same.  I have no idea what causes this.  The drive is
>an IBM IDE 20 gig. using LBA for now.  ...any clues,  or is
>more information needed to find the answer?  I'll be wiping
>it and installing a new NetBSD system on it soon, but
>curiosity has the best of me.
Hmm -- if I recall correctly, Linux uses FDISK partitions for its
drives, including extended partitions.  NetBSD uses its own disk label.
If you know the sector addresses and sizes of the other partitions --
you may have to get that from Linux or DOS -- you should be able to
hand-edit the NetBSD disk label for the drive.

		--Steve Bellovin, (me) (2nd edition of "Firewalls" book)