Subject: Re: X on Dell Latitude C640
To: Ian Harding <ianh@tpchd.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/25/2003 15:06:55
	Memory Type Range Registers (MTRRs) allows the OS to control
	host the processor accesses memory ranges, most useful for
	enabling write-combining on access to video cards.

	Enabling MTRR on my Evo N800w causes Xfree86 to choke. Some other
	systems have problems with the agp device, which IIRC is only
	needed on chipsets that use part of the main memory as video
	RAM.

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --