Subject: Re: Performance of VIA RhineII (vr) driver in -current?
To: Chris Baird <cjb@brushtail.apana.org.au>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2003 22:47:18
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 05:23:10AM +1000, Chris Baird wrote:
> I have a VIA EPIA 800 board in the process of being tuned up to be an
> 'appropriate technology' server. Unfortunately I've discovered
> although Linux-2.4.x (Debian 3.0.0) and FreeBSD 5.0 works well on this
> (tiny) box[1], NetBSD-1.6.1 has show-stopping problems with the
> RhineII Ethernet (vr) device. Is this a solved problem in
> NetBSD-current?

I haven't noticed problems with vr on EPIA-M, but I got audio working
under -current only and still can't get XFree going.. :-I

I'm using the box as a diskless system, so I think I'd notice network
problems if there were any.. but then, without X, I haven't been
torturing the thing all that much.  I have tried 1.6.1 and -current,
but worked OK network-wise.

What do you do to make vr act up?

  -jm