Subject: Re: tinydns usuage?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/24/2003 04:15:47
In article <20030424040454.24249.qmail@web13904.mail.yahoo.com>, Caffeinate The World wrote:
> I'm about to switch one of my system from bind to tinydns. Anyone using
> tinydns? Any critiques? Praises? It seems like a nice little package.

I haven't had any problems, other than the ones you talk about below.

> What I was thinking was creating a different /etc/rc.d/named and use
> supervise to start up tinydns manually to get named variable up for
> other scripts. svscan will start up later and will notices that tinydns
> has already started.

For my workstation, which is only using dnscache, I dodged ordering
problems by putting a second entry in my resolv.conf, to use the ISP's
cache if the local one isn't available.  I start svscan from rc.local.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better solution.  :)

  Alan