Subject: tinydns usuage?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2003 21:04:54
I'm about to switch one of my system from bind to tinydns. Anyone using
tinydns? Any critiques? Praises? It seems like a nice little package.

One problem I perceive is NetBSD rc.d  has control over the order of
script startup. Since svscan doesn't know about order, and named
variable is needed in rc.d before other services can start that could
cause some problems.

What I was thinking was creating a different /etc/rc.d/named and use
supervise to start up tinydns manually to get named variable up for
other scripts. svscan will start up later and will notices that tinydns
has already started.

I'd like to hear from your experience if you do use it.

Thanks,

Thomas T. Thai