Subject: Re: In-kernel pppoe doesn't seem to detect connection loss
To: None <>
From: Juha K Kallio <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/23/2003 12:51:01
I really have no idea why the in-kernel pppoe isn't disconnecting when the peer doesn't answer LCP. tcpdump clearly showed
the LCP echoes and replies. Today I checked another NetBSD machine which is timeouting correctly, and the config was just like

! pppoectl -e rtk0 pppoe0
! pppoectl pppoe0 myauthproto=chap myauthname=user myauthsecret=pass max-auth-failure=0 # I've tried with PAP too
inet # I really can't believe switching to would affect this
! route -q add # that's for correct connections to my own IP, otherwise they go around the peer ;-)