Subject: Re: kern/20039 - ppp and mbuf leak
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/19/2003 21:14:40
Michael Kukat wrote:

> is there any ongoing effort in kern/20039, or has someone even solved the
> problem? I seem to have the same problem here, but it seems not to be
> connection-related, it also seems to depend on data transfer. Yesterday, i had
> 4 machine freezes in about 2 GB download. Every 400-600 MB, the machine
> freezes. I didn't find kern/20039 that time, so i didn't watch the mbuf count,
> but after kernel panic messages about something like no memory left, this might
> really be the same problem.

The "fix" I've used is to switch to in-kernel pppoe (details mentioned
elsewhere in this thread).

Also, when I tested -current a month or three ago, it _didn't_ have the
mbuf leak problem with rp-pppoe that existed on the 1.6 branch.  Are the
problems you're seeing on -current or 1.6?

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/