Subject: Re: IP on bridge interface?
To: None <>
From: Juha K Kallio <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/17/2003 14:39:41
On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 01:29:38PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 02:07:50PM +0300, Juha K Kallio wrote:
> > So every packet goes through rtk0, while instead they should go through the bridge interface, which would select the
> > correct NIC.
> You don't show us any data to help you.
> Routes are not very interesting for bridges, it's a different layer.
> What does "brconfig bridge0" say?
> Martin

I can't access the bridge machine right now, but the commands I used were:

ifconfig bridge0 create
brconfig bridge0 add rtk0 stp rtk0 add rtk1 stp rtk1
ifconfig bridge0 up
ifconfig rtk0
ifconfig rtk0 up
ifconfig rtk1 up

I only tried pinging and from the bridge. I didn't try to ping from to
or the other way around. I'll try again a bit later.