Subject: Re: IP on bridge interface?
From: Julian Coleman <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/17/2003 11:58:33
> I have tried that. bridge0 consists of rtk0 and rtk1. If I assign to rtk0, I can only ping, which
> is connected to rtk0. just timeouts. Do I have to set up some special routes?

You shouldn't have to set up anything extra apart from the IP address on one
interface of the bridge and the bridge itself.  Is the bridge bridging, i.e.
can you ping from

Also, what does your config look like?  I think you should have something

	ifconfig rtk0 inet netmask 0xffffff00 up
	ifconfig bridge0 create
	brconfig bridge0 add rtk1 add rtk0 up

To see the ARP cache on the bridge, you can run:

	brconfig bridge0

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD