Subject: Re: buying more NetBSD hardware
To: None <>
From: Randy Beaudreault <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2003 14:41:55
>Are the, say, sparc or macppc platforms sufficiently different that it
>would be worth picking one up?  Or are there other particular
>platforms that might be worth checking out?
>Michael Lucas,
>            Absolute BSD:

PowerMacs are sufficiently different to allow for some interesting
things across the whole lineup from the non-OpenFirmware models to
the latest models.  The range of models and issues with the
individuals models makes for some interesting goings on, e. g.,
booting OF2 models, actually getting a working kernel going on the
non-OF models, and getting things to run on my particular model, a
450MHz Dual G4 PowerMac.

OS X - UNIX for the rest of us
NetBSD - Catch the Power!