Subject: Re: buying more NetBSD hardware
To: Michael W . Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@madison.onespeeddave.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2003 10:01:52
>On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 05:10:14AM -0700, Ed Wensell III wrote:
>>
>> I think the original author is after some of the more unique hardware
>> supported by NetBSD. Stuff that not everyone would have collecting dust in
>> the garage.
>>

>Yep.  I write articles (http://www.onlamp.com/pub/ct/13) on BSD.
>Nifty platforms provide me with things to write about, and are
>tax-deductible.  :-)

I wonder if there's a PDP-11 port for NetBSD?  If so, you could try to
bring it up on one of the PDP-11 emulators like p11 or simh.  In fact,
simh includes a VAX emulator and I'm pretty sure that there's a NetBSD
VAX port.

BTW, I'm running 2.11 BSD p11 on my PII NetBSD box.  If anyone
wants an account on the p11, just ask.  Tell me what you'll do with
it, what user name and password you want, and your e-mail address.

David Talmage