Subject: Re: buying more NetBSD hardware
To: Wojciech Puchar <>
From: Ed Wensell III <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/16/2003 05:10:14
--- Wojciech Puchar <> wrote:
> it that range older PC's like pentium 100-200 gives the same even
> cheaper,
> and it's easy to find stable machine (compared to new hardware).

I agree... A P100/200 would be very easy to obtain and provide a very
stable platform. However, what was the goal here? A cheap/stable
commodity-platform NetBSD system, or an 'interesting' system? How
interesting is a Pentium 100 system when almost everyone has one in their
garage collecting dust?

I think the original author is after some of the more unique hardware
supported by NetBSD. Stuff that not everyone would have collecting dust in
the garage.

Ed Wensell III

"Ironic isn't it, that God gave the tortoise a drag factor of 0.03. " - unknown

Do you Yahoo!?