Subject: asymmetric bandwidth and altq
To: None <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/2003 19:27:33
I have an asymmetric DSL connection at home, (640/256) and am looking at
replacing my current NAT box with something running NetBSD.  one of the
residents of my house is a bandwidth hog, and it would be useful to
apply an alternate queuing method for his packets.

unfortunately altq doesn't appear to support asymmetric bandwidths.
anybody have any hints?

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
      "It's not fast, but why not?"  --  John Klos on VAX dnet client
  "because it needlessly contributes to global warming?"  --  Paul Vixie