Subject: Re: backups
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/15/2003 18:46:24
"Aaron J. Grier" wrote:

> I would be interested in hearing about people's experiences with
> "third-party" pkgsrc backup utilities.  at the time I looked into
> amanda, I didn't have the requesite spool space, but now I do, and thus
> it may be worth looking into...

I've been using amanda for a few years.  I like that I can do a
backup with just "amlabel home tapeXX ; amdump home" and get a nice
little email in the morning.  Note that I've only ever used amanda
in write-direct-to-tape-mode - I've never had a separate spool disk.

Also- thanks for reminding me to do another backup :-)

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/