Subject: Re: RAIDFrame in Production Use
To: Caffeinate The World <mochaexpress@yahoo.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/11/2003 22:06:50
On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:54:56PM +0200, Christoph Kaegi wrote:
> On 2003.04.10 16:23, Caffeinate The World wrote:
> > If you have experience in using RAIDFrame in production, I'd like to
> > know what your thoughts are.
>
> All the servers I run (about 10) are completely mirrored
> with RAIDFrame (/, /usr, /var, /home, swap )
>
> I've never had troubles with it.

Are people typically using one raid volume for all file systems or a
raid volume for reach file system?

I'm currently running an 2x36GB scsi drives with a single raid volume.
I tested a different system with around 5 volumes, one per file system and
swap, but I kept getting scsi controller errors and gave up.

I'm just curious to hear what the preferred way to use RAIDFrame is.

-Andrew