Subject: Re: KDE3 - jsut to make sure
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2003 22:03:48
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 01:59:35PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > i will rather keep using lyx for printing documents, but still searching
> > for good spreadsheet (I DO NEED spreadsheet).
>
> 	I've found gnumeric quite tolerable (ended up using
> 	openoffice-linux for word files)

I'll second gnumeric. I'm using version 0.75 on a 233 MHz AlphaStation
with 160 MB of memory (although it ran OK in only 64).  I'm running 1.6
with a -current ld.so_elf dropped in.

I built a newer version of gnumeric on a 600 MHz 164LX, but couldn't
get it to open a window back on the AlphaStation's screen. So, I'm
a little stuck. No biggie.

Oh, and I am using WindowMaker.
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994