Subject: Re: speeding up ssh?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2003 12:23:23
Quoting mackstann (mack@incise.org):
> > Ancient, unsecure.  Quicker, yes.  But the source of
> > password swiping for a long time. I banned cleartext telnet
> > or telnet with reusable passwords in 1995.

> Using telnet over the internet is one thing, using it in the environment
> described is another.

Right.  I've cleaned up a lot of "not security critcal environments."
That answer is quick from people.  You get a different on when you
just suggest they remove passwords from all non-root accounts.

A factor in consulting is knowing how you translate what the client
says into what their reality is and then perhaps changing their reality
to aim them towards their goals.