Subject: Re: uvm crashes
To: None <emre@asper.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/03/2003 00:18:12
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:18:57PM -0600, emre@asper.org wrote:
> [...]
>
> So, I'm wondering, is it possible for the NICs to cause these uvm crashes?
>  I never had sysinst crash on me before.  Could it be that my memory stick
> went bad?  I haven't touched that though...it was working fine before I
> reinstalled.  Is there anything else I should look for?

Those panics are most probably a hardware problems, and not likely to be
related to the NIC (unless the PCI slot is bogus, and the adapter ends
up dma'ing in random memory places).
I would do the usual checks: press on the memory sticks, evetually unplug
and replug them, check fans, etc ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>