Subject: Re: any install disks with pppd exist???
To: Wojciech Puchar <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/02/2003 12:18:48
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> thank you for answer (or any solution how to install OS without tons of
> diskettes)

I guess you mean that a CD won't work for you.

I have installed NetBSD a few times over a serial connection. I had to
modify sysinst so it would list sl0 as a valid network interface choice
during the install. Then during the sysinst, I went to the shell set up
the slip connection (with already-included slattach and ifconfig), and the
returned to sysinst to finish the install.

This was under 1.4.x and 1.5.x. The last few times I tried with 1.6, it
appeared that slip was broken.
Others have told me that it doesn't work for them too.

   Jeremy C. Reed