Subject: black-screen with vmware-3.2.0
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: ptiJo <ptiJo@noos.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/28/2003 20:30:48
Hi (this has also been post in tech-pkg, which surely wasn't the good ML),

 I've just installed vmware-3.2.0 on NetBSD 1.6.1RC2/i386 with XFree86 4.3.0 (build from xsrc to use Radeon9000) and it seems to run, but... :)
 I set up a Win2K installation (which went OK till it's supposed to be in graphic mode)
 Instead of any graphic view, I get a "black screen".
 The app seems to run (and wait for keyboard|mouse input) but it just doesn't show anything...

 On start, VMware alerts for not being able to use some tty but starts anyway.
 I checked the links in /emul and there are links from /etc/tty*

 Things I don't see while booting the win2K :
> the BIOS Welcome screen
> the Windows graphic part (login as, ...)
 Things I see while booting :
> the Windows text saying : wait while booting...

 looks like VMware can switch to "graphic internal" mode...
 does anyone know what's happening, and how to solve this ?

Thanks for answers,
Jo