Subject: Re: cross-building X11 and packages?
To: Michael W . Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2003 23:39:25
--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

hi,

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 03:00:31PM -0500, Michael W . Lucas wrote:
>=20
> Building shells/tcsh convinced me that perhaps I don't want to do much
> package building natively on this system, if there's a choice.  Can we
> cross-build packages, or even X11?  Is there any documentation on
> doing this?

neither is possible out-of-the-box at this moment.  XFree86 4.3.0 should
be cross-compilable but nobody adjusted the NetBSD tree to easily allow
cross-compiling (there is some ongoing effort afaik).  as for pkgsrc,
it's in the TODO list.. and that's all at this moment.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --