Subject: Re: rebuilding huge packages?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2003 17:17:04
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Christian Biere wrote:

> Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk> wrote:
> > I find that "pkg_info -L <package-name>" is a lot less frustrating
> > then using find(1):
>
> However, it depends on the package maintainer to make this list complete
> and correct. I don't think there's any tool which can tell me which
> files have been installed during "make install". You can, of course,
> install with prefix=/tmp or write a script to extract all install, mv,
> cp, ... invokations from the log files. There can always be glitches,
> though. CMIIW.

This was being discussed recently on tech-pkg too.

If you know of any package that has an invalid +CONTENTS, please send-pr
it.

I assume all are correct unless someone reports otherwise. (If not,
deinstalls would not be complete.)

The make "print-PLIST" target does a reasonable job of attempting to build
the initial PLIST (for a pkgsrc developer). It basically does a find(1)
too.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/