Subject: Re: rebuilding huge packages?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/24/2003 16:32:09
> Who knows? Every release of emacs adds more and more functionality.
>
> My favorite pkgsrc example is Apache. I installed it from pkgsrc once.
> I did "make install" and it all just sort of disappeared. I had to use

i'm using apache from pkgsrc with added
APACHE_SUEXEC=YES

to mk.conf

works really fine.

of course sometimes you have to customize, anyway instead of criticizing
pkgsrc try emacs21-nox11 package

anyway i still don't understand why make update in libblah that updates
libblah-1.1.3 to libblah-1.1.17 forces huge apps blah1 and blah2 that
requires libblah>=1.1.3 to be rebuild. it's nonsense as most of libraries
are shared (static-only packages should be changed to shared or given flag
for this).