Subject: Re: linux emulation for eclipse
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <dgrue@web.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2003 10:44:33
--IDYEmSnFhs3mNXr+

Hi all!

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003, Felix Zaslavskiy wrote:

> I tried to get eclipse (java IDE) to run. I have 1.6.1rc2,sun-jdk1.4.1
> I built is with linux-gtk option and when i run it i get a screen
> 'completing installation' and thats where it hangs.  there is process
> 'java' that keeprs running indefinatly.  Tracing the process revieals
> that its it calling scheduler_yeild in a loop.
>
> Any ideas how to procede ?

You might need JDK1.3 (sun-jdk13) to run eclipse.
if you have a JDK1.4 project, you can install the JRE1.4 (for
compilation etc.) in "Window->Preferences->Debug->Installed JREs".

Another pointer: meanwhile a package devel/eclipse arised in pkgsrc
(many thanks to jschauma@netbsd.org :-). Maybe you'll try this!? It
works for me. Just remember to switch to JDK1.3 before starting...

HTH, Dirk
--
Dirk Ruediger, Rostock, Germany

The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
And if you really don't like all the standards you just have to wait
another year until the one arises you are looking for.
                     A. Tanenbaum, ``Introduction to Computer Networks''

--IDYEmSnFhs3mNXr+

begin:vcard
n:Ruediger;Dirk
tel;fax:+49-(0)381-44 60 88
tel;work:+49-(0)381-40 24 154
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.rostock.zgdv.de/
org:ZGDV Zentrum fuer Graphische Datenverarbeitung e.V.;CAD & Teleservices
adr:;;Joachim-Jungius-Strasse 11;D-18059 Rostock;;;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:drue@rostock.zgdv.de
title:Dipl.-Ing.
fn:Dirk Ruediger