Subject: Re: Installing Apache-PHP-Mysql & other related apache modules
To: mackstann <mack@incise.org>
From: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/21/2003 10:23:57
mackstann wrote:

> Is mysql running ok?  Can you connect to it with the command line client
> or by any other method?

Yes mysql is running ok. I have connected to it and set up some
databases and table.

> On the phpinfo page, it should list what modules are loaded, does it
> list mysql?  is "extension=mysql.so" in your php.ini?  Any errors in
> error_log?

The phpinfo() did show the mysql module details however config command
details show that --without-mysql option was used in compiling the apache??

> Do the you get "no such function" errors when trying to use php mysql
> functions, or do they just fail to connect to mysql?

The connect script is:
dbhost="localhost";
dbuser="www";
dbpass=password('indy');
$db=mysql_connect($dbhost,$dbuser,$dbpass) or die("Cannot connect.");
It is just silent.

David Kwok