Subject: SSH related problem -- RSA_verify failed...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Pollard <rpollard@apple.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/19/2003 14:23:05
Hello all,

I have a network of users who can access a server running sshd on version
"OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090605f"

This one particular user gets the following error message:

ssh_rsa_verify: RSA_verify failed: error:0407006A:rsa
routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01
key_verify failed for server_host_key

I've seen reference to a bug in the past but his version is the same version
as mine and others on the network.  The only difference so far is he is on a
different subnet than most of us are.

Any ideas as to what is causing this error or where to look?

Thanks in advance,

Robert Pollard