Subject: PPP question
From: Douglas G. Phillips <csdgp@eiu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/18/2003 17:52:42
I was fiddling around with PPP settings tonight on my laptop (NetBSD-1.6), and ppp just dumped control strings to the syslog rather than actually initiating the ppp session.  When I included the debug command in the peer file, then everything worked correctly.  Is there any special reason why this would make a difference?  Without it, I couldn't connect, with it, I can.  Wierd.

If it helps, I'm using a 3Com PCMCIA modem (Can't for the life of me think of what it is right now, and since I'm using it to write this email, can't exactly pull it out & check <g>

TIA.
--
Douglas G. Phillips
ITS/Client Services