Subject: Re: SSH on NetBSD 1.5.2, authentication slow?
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/17/2003 14:25:03
On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 08:09:27AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> This seems odd, but unless you verify that the same size keys are
> being used, it isn't clear what it means.

This is a compiler problem. I notice a roughly 30% speed increase in the
initial DH computation when using 32bit userland and thus gcc/sparc.

The sparc64 compiler does default to v9 optimization, so the other point
you mentioned (v7 restrictions preventing good code) does not apply.

All sparc64 folks are realy longing for the gcc 3.3 import ;-)

Martin