Subject: pcmcia cards vs. power management
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/2003 16:03:14
It would, I think, be good if all attached pcmcia cards were detached
at suspend time, and at resume time if all inserted cards were
reattached.  (bsd/os does this, and it works very well.)  I often
suspend and then remove my wireless card, so that I can put away my
laptop; I don't always remember to reinsert it before resuming.  (What
made this worse was something I just discovered last night:  inserting
or removing a card woke up the machine.  I solved that (on a Thinkpad
T21) by making sure that "wake on modem" was disabled ("wake on LAN"
was already disabled).  This may have interacted with the BIOS option
so that my machine doesn't suspend if the lid is closed.)