Subject: SIIG PCI Serial Board
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Dumitriu <alex@bitblot.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/2003 10:28:39
Hello all,

I am in the process of building a terminal server on NetBSD-i386
1.6.1_RC2. I have two SIIG PCI Serial expanders in the box which show up
as follows:

puc0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: SIIG Cyber Serial Dual PCI 16C550 (20x family) (com, com)
com1 at puc0 port 0: interrupting at irq 10
com1: ns16550a, working fifo
com2 at puc0 port 1: interrupting at irq 10
com2: ns16550a, working fifo
puc1 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: SIIG Cyber Serial Dual PCI 16C550 (20x family) (com, com)
com3 at puc1 port 0: interrupting at irq 9
com3: ns16550a, working fifo
com4 at puc1 port 1: interrupting at irq 9
com4: ns16550a, working fifo

The problem is that one of these two cards (I'm not sure if it's puc1 or
puc0 at this point, but it shouldn't matter for the momment) Has the "4S"
expander installed, which adds two more 16550s and two more serial ports.
Anyone have any experience with these boards? Is there something special I
need to do to get the other two coms to show up?

Thanks in advance,

Alex Dumitriu