Subject: Re: Video Game Controllers
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2003 00:52:14
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 09:38:55PM +0800, Todd Gruhn wrote:
> > SO, is it safe to assume the uhid driver works for all USB game pad controllers?
>
> No guarantees, and modulo bugs, but yes - very, very likely.

I agree with Martin that a random controler most likely will work. But
there are some really buggy uhid controllers out there (see for example
PR 15565).

I have also got some problem reports that I'm not sure if they are bugs
in our code or in the device, but I have never had the time to dig into
it any deeper (especially since I do not have any such buggy hardware
myself).

   /Krister