Subject: A Couple of Tunnelling questions.
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Caldwell <jcaldwell@liveround.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/26/2003 09:55:36
So is GRE going to be working in 1.6.1? IIRC, it was dead in 1.6.

Also, judging from the web site, I understand that you can now use NAT
and IPsec on the same box - is that true?

I'm looking at setting up a network as follows: One Corporate Office,
network 192.168.0.0/24, and several branches, all network 192.168.x.0/24
(where X is the branch #), each with it's own NetBSD NAT box hooked up
to an SDSL line. I need to build tunnels between the branches and the
corporate office. Ideally, of course, they would be encrypted. The easy
way looks to be using PPP to set up the VPN connection, but I would
prefer to set up a permanent tunnel. Any ideas?
--
Jim Caldwell