Subject: Re: Audio problems...
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/21/2003 12:17:19
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:19:36 +0200
> From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
> To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
> Cc: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
> Subject: Re: Audio problems...
>
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:19:17PM -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > 2) Are there any soundcards that NetBSD suppots hardware mixing on?
>
> Mixing of different sources?  Yes.

Can you give me an example?  The emuxki driver only allows one app at a
time to access /dev/audio...  The yds driver only allows one app at a time
to access /dev/audio.  Cards which use the eap driver don't support
hardware mixing at all (though you're right that the quality for playback
and recording is quite good).

> > 3) Can anyone recommend a good sound card for both playback and recording?
>
> This one has worked fine for me (but I don't know if it's still available,
> it's not that new):
>
> eap0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI (rev. 0x01)
> eap0: interrupting at irq 9
> audio1 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
> midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

Adam