Subject: Re: FTPD: disallowing concurrent connections from same IP
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/19/2003 13:05:09
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:55:30AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> You can specify a class as "anonymous@host allow myclass" in your
> ftpusers and then restrict "myclass" I believe.

But wouldn't "myclass" only include the user from that one host? If I
wanted to have the connection limit for anyone who connects, regardless
of their IP, I'd have to set up a separate class for each of the 4
billion IP addresses (or at least the ones that are assigned), and I
don't have the disk space for a ftpusers/ftpd.conf that big :) Or am I
still missing something here?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++