Subject: Re: raidctl & mlxctl
To: None <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: None <emre@asper.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/18/2003 12:44:03
> completely different things.
>
> mlxctl are for Mylex hardware RAID
>
> raidctl for "raidframe" software raid.

Oh, that's what I figured, but I wasn't sure.  I guess my question was
really about the 3ware escalade RAID controller.  I've decided to purchase
a 7500 in the near future, and I'm wondering if there is a utility like
mlxctl for the 3ware controller.  I've searched the mailinglist archives,
and it looks like this question came up before.  FreeBSD seems to have
such configuration utility, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to
work (or ported it to NetBSD).  I want to do hardware RAID with this
thing.  I'm specifically concerned about a drive failing in RAID 5.  I
would really like to be able to rebuild any bad drives from within NetBSD.
 Or possibly there is a way to make the card rebuild bad hard drives on
its own?

Thanks for any input on this