Subject: Re: /root permissions
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2003 18:19:52
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 12:09:25PM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> not an issue

I am one of those freakish guys who likes changing the permissions on
/root.  But I view it as not so much a "secrecy" concern as a "privacy"
concern, just as I do with my own home directory.  Besides, changing the
perms means I _can_ put private things in there, if I desire.

I don't mind if the defaults are more relaxed, because I can obviously
change them.  Of course I'd prefer not having to do so, but that's "not an
issue."

> What do you have in your /root that's such a big secret, and from whom?

I could tell you but (you know the rest).