Subject: Re: I want to Micgrate from OpenBSD 3.0 to NetBSD 1.6
To: LA Duerksen.COM <lynn@duerksen.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/14/2003 12:29:19
"LA Duerksen.COM" <lynn@duerksen.com> writes:
> Sendmail wasn't too tough to get going but have trouble with some
> roaming email clients and smtp relaying. It appears to me that
> relaying by authentication is enabled in the sendmail.cf but still
> have problems from different locations.

Which kind of authentication? I'm not sure we build our sendmail in
the base sources with the SMTP AUTH stuff but the sendmail in pkgsrc
does that.

> I have yet to get packet filtering and nat to function properly.
> Any attemps so far has stopped all traffic in on the public side or
> given me errors.  I don't fully grasp the "group" concept yet.  Why
> can't I just copy my pf.conf on my OpenBSD box to the ipf.conf on
> the NetBSD box.  Are they that much different?

Yah, they're different. You can probably convert in a few minutes but
you'll have to read up on and learn the different syntax.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com