Subject: I want to Micgrate from OpenBSD 3.0 to NetBSD 1.6
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: LA Duerksen.COM <lynn@duerksen.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/13/2003 11:03:49

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C2D34F.9650F3C0

I want to Migrate from OpenBSD 3.0 to NetBSD 1.6.

Any advice would be helpfull as I have a spotted exposure to Unix over =
the past 15 years. =20

My current OpenBSD box just runs Sendmail, IP Filtering and NAT.

Have been working with NetBSD on a test machine, learning where things =
are and whats different.=20

Sendmail wasn't too tough to get going but have trouble with some =
roaming email clients and smtp relaying. It appears to me that relaying =
by authentication is enabled in the sendmail.cf but still have problems =
from different locations.

I have yet to get packet filtering and nat to function properly.  Any =
attemps so far has stopped all traffic in on the public side or given me =
errors.  I don't fully grasp the "group" concept yet.  Why can't I just =
copy my pf.conf on my OpenBSD box to the ipf.conf on the NetBSD box.  =
Are they that much different?

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C2D34F.9650F3C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<P><FONT size=3D2>I want to Migrate from OpenBSD 3.0 to NetBSD =
1.6.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Any advice would be helpfull as I have a spotted =
exposure to=20
Unix over the past 15 years.&nbsp; </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>My current OpenBSD box just runs Sendmail, IP =
Filtering and=20
NAT.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Have been working with NetBSD on a test machine, =
learning where=20
things are and whats different. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Sendmail wasn't too tough to get going but have =
trouble with=20
some roaming email clients and smtp relaying. It appears to me that =
relaying=20
by&nbsp;authentication is enabled in the sendmail.cf but still have =
problems=20
from different locations.</FONT></P>
<P><FONT size=3D2>I have yet to get packet filtering and nat to function =

properly.&nbsp; Any attemps so far has stopped all traffic in on the =
public side=20
or given me errors.&nbsp; I don't fully grasp the "group" concept =
yet.&nbsp; Why=20
can't I just copy my pf.conf on my OpenBSD box to the ipf.conf on the =
NetBSD=20
box.&nbsp; Are they that much=20
different?</FONT></P></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C2D34F.9650F3C0--