Subject: Re: 3WARE Escalade 8500-8 Serial ATA RAID Controller
To: None <emre@uab.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/13/2003 13:58:17
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 emre@uab.edu wrote:

> Will this card work under netbsd 1.6?  I know that the 7000 series are
> supported, but I heard there was a bug and they renamed it to 7500 or
> something like that.

No. The difference between the 70xx and 75xx cards is that the 75xx have
faster RAID-5.

At any rate, if you try an 85xx, let me know how it works. I've used a
7508 in the past and been quite pleased with it, except that the card
itself seems unable to process more than about 120 I/Os per second, no
matter how many drives you have and how fast the drives are.

(This was pretty disappointing given that I had eight drives striped as a
RAID-0 and each drive was capable of about 90 I/Os per second alone.)

cjs