Subject: Re: KDE fails opening jpg images
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2003 23:19:56
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> In KDE, I can't open any jpg image accessing Internet with Konqueror,
> see any backgrounds, etc.
>
> But when I open e.g. Konqueror or another KDE apllication in
> WindowMaker, it works fine and all jpg can be viewed without problem.
>
> I have no idea of what's this problem. I'm using KDE from NetBSD/i386
> 1.6 packages with -current 1.6M.

The qt packages are built with jpeg support.

I wonder if rebuilding qt3 (and kde) from pkgsrc will fix this (because it
seems to be a problem with running -current).

Or maybe there is some ~/.kde* or ~/.qt setting effecting this? (What if
you move your ~/.qt and ~/.kde* directories out of the way -- does that
fix it?)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/