Subject: Re: 3WARE Escalade 8500-8 Serial ATA RAID Controller
To: None <emre@uab.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2003 22:48:31
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 01:39:50PM -0600, emre@uab.edu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Will this card work under netbsd 1.6?  I know that the 7000 series are
> supported, but I heard there was a bug and they renamed it to 7500 or
> something like that.  The 8000s are out and seem to be a big improvement
> over the 7000 series.  Does anyone know if the 8500s work?  Anyone using
> this particular IDE RAID card?  Also, this is a serial ATA card....I'm not
> sure if netbsd has support for SATA.  Forgive me if I overlooked this on
> the netbsd.org site.

I think there is support for one SATA adapter in pciide, but I didn't
do it and I don't know if it really works.
However, in the case of this RAID adapter I don't think it's relevant,
NetBSD will only see one or more logical drive from it, it doens't
need to talk the SATA protocol.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>