Subject: Re: Is SIIG UltraATA 133 PCI controller supported?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2003 20:10:49
Back in September 2002, there was a short discussion about getting a SIIG
Ultra133 PCI controller to work with NetBSD:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2002/09/11/0010.html
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2002/09/12/0000.html

Was this ever tested to work? I ask because I recently purchased one of
these cards for use in my NetBSD box (without checking the mailing
lists... doh!).

I tried applying the diff provided in the first link. The diff applies
cleanly, but get the following during compile:

/dev/pci/pciide.c:530: `PCI_PRODUCT_ACARD_ATP865A' undeclared here (not in
a function)
/dev/pci/pciide.c:530: initializer element is not constant
/dev/pci/pciide.c:530: (near initialization for
`pciide_acard_products[4].ide_product')
/dev/pci/pciide.c: In function `acard_chip_map':
/dev/pci/pciide.c:4123: `PCI_PRODUCT_ACARD_ATP865A' undeclared (first use
in this function)
/dev/pci/pciide.c:4123: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/dev/pci/pciide.c:4123: for each function it appears in.)

I'm not sure if it's a problem with my source tree being newer than what
was used to generate the diff, or my lack of experience with applying
patches in general.

Many thanks for any info.

--

Until Soon,