Subject: envstat
To: NetBSD-Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Fincham <matthewf@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2003 14:50:18
Hi

I am having difficulty getting evnstat to work on a 1.6 system. The message
"failed to enumerate sensors" is reported. After doing some tests with the
envstat source it appears that there are no sensors on the /dev/sysmon
device.

I have found that it does work on a different motherboard, which is starting
to narrow it down! I have enabled the "lm0" device in the kernel. I have
also tried enabling the "viaenv" device, but without success. Is it possible
that the motherboard doesn't support this monitoring? The motherboard that
envstat fails on is newer than the one it works on so I don't think that
will be the case. I have checked the BIOS but found nothing relating to
temperature sensors etc.

Any hints where to look next? If it helps the non-working motherboard is a
NB76-TL (Intel 845G chipset)

Many thanks
Matthew Fincham