Subject: Re: Bay routers
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2003 18:41:49
Curt Sampson writes:

> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Michael Kukat wrote:
>
>> It had no ethernet....
>
> It seems to me unlikely that Welfleet or Bay manufactured a lot of stuff with
> no Ethernet. :-)

You young kids today...back in my day we had Token Ring...4Mb rings, 'cause
we were too poor for 16Mb rings...none of this fancy-smancy ethernet...and
we *liked* it...

I assure you, there was tons of Wellfleet gear that went out the door
without a whiff of ethernet.  I installed no small amount myself.  Indeed,
Wellfleet made routers at a time when it wasn't clear that Ethernet was
going to take over the world as it did, and many shops, especially big ones,
had opted for TR & FDDI.

By the time Bay came into being, things were different, though...

Ken