Subject: Keeping system up-to-date on the 1.6 branch & full build time & space?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Colin Surprenant <colins@videotron.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/30/2003 11:59:37
Hi,

I would like to know what the proper way is to update a 1.6 system installed
from the (iso) distribution cd to the latest 1.6 which includes (security)
patches and fixes and also keep track of futures patches and fixes on the
1.6 branch.

From what I see I should "cvs checkout -rnetbsd-1-6 src" to get the lastest
1.6 sources which includes the latest patches and fixes. Then I'd need to do
a make build and update the whole system with the newly built 1.6.

Is that the better way to proceed?

I long can I expect a full build to take on my SPARCstation 20 (with a
150MHz HyperSparc)?

I much extra disk space (not including the sources) is required for the
whole build process?

Thanks for your help,
Colin.