Subject: Re: avoiding the 10 minute fsck...
To: Marshall Rose <>
From: Michael Kukat <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2003 20:19:14
Hi !

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003, Marshall Rose wrote:
> > I like having different partitions for /home, /usr etc., but thats IMHO not
> > the problem here.. The questions should be: Why does X lock-up ?
> that's not particularly relevant. i could just as easily have said "i'm a slave
> to -current and it crashes every now and then" and my problem would still
> exist...

How about mounting /usr and /home RO when playing around with potential
unstable software? This is what i do, as i really don't like the long fsck of
my 30 gig /home slice.

--    Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX