Subject: Re: avoiding the 10 minute fsck...
To: Marshall Rose <mrose+mtr.netnews@dbc.mtview.ca.us>
From: Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/24/2003 20:07:40
--==========1533205737==========

I like having different partitions for /home, /usr etc., but thats IMHO not =

the problem here.. The questions should be: Why does X lock-up ?

> am i on the right track here? if so, does netbsd support a journalled
> filesystem?  if not, what do folks suggest?
NetBSD could actually use a port of FreeBSD 5.0's UFS2/background=20
fsck/snapshots. This found eleminate that problem. (Though I'm not sure how =

hard it would be to port that stuff..)

Marc

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth