Subject: Compiling Apache 2 modules
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <leoboiko@linuxbr.com.br>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/23/2003 12:17:18
Hello. I want mod_python and mod_xslt for Apache 2; none are available in
pkgsrc. I'm having some trouble trying to compiling them.

I have this weird warning after make mod_python:
  *** Warning: This library needs some functionality provided by -lpython2.2.
  *** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
  *** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.

  *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
  *** dependencies of module mod_python.  Therefore, libtool will create
  *** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
  *** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.
The make install gives this same warning, then fails:
  /usr/bin/install -c src/mod_python.so /usr/pkg/lib/httpd
  install: src/mod_python.so: stat: No such file or directory
  *** Error code 1

As for mod_xslt, it seems to have some definition missing?
  src/mod-xslt.c: In function `xslt_error':
  src/mod-xslt.c:107: `va_end' undeclared (first use in this function)
I tried to comment these functions out.  Then make gives the above
libtool warning and fails:
  cp: src/.libs/mod-xslt.so: No such file or directory
  *** Error code 1

What I am missing? What is this libtool error all about? Anyone managed
to install these modules?
--
Leonardo Boiko
"Doko ni datte... hito wa tsunagatte iru."